Rules & Regulations
- October 15, 2023
- The competition is open to participants of all nationalities.
- Participants can belong to the following age groups (as of October 15, 2023)
- Group A: Age 8-11
- Group B: Age 12-14
- Group C: Age 15-18
- Group D: Age 19-25
- Group E: Age 13-25
- String (violin, viola, cello)
- Duo, Trio, Quartet
- Mixed Ensemble (up to 4 members)
- Solo participants may choose either one movement of a standard concerto or a concert piece (Baroque to contemporary periods).
- Ensembles must select a single movement or single movement work from the chamber music repertoire (Baroque to contemporary periods).
- Group A and B: $120
- Group C and D: $150
- Group E: $80 per member
- Fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- If it’s difficult to pay the application fee using credit card or if you prefer an alternative payment method, please contact us via email [email protected].
Prize and Recognition
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be selected from the each group.
- Prizes include certificates, cash awards, performance opportunities, or other recognition determined by the competition organizer.
- Cash Awards
- 1st place winner of each group: $300
- 2nd place winner of each group: $200
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners from the each group will have the opportunity to perform at the Laeiszhalle in Hamburg, Germany.
Registration and Entry
- Participants must register online via the competition website before the deadline of October 15, 2023.
- Accurate personal information must be provided during the registration process.
- Participants are required to submit YouTube video auditions.
- Participants must submit a high-quality video recording of their performance.
- Video recording that has been arranged or shortened from the original music cannot be submitted.
- All performances in the video must be played from memory.
YouTube Video Submission
- YouTube audition video duration
- Group A: max 7 minutes
- Group B: max 12 minutes
- Group C, D, E: max 15 minutes
- YouTube video for audition video must be produced within six months before October 15, 2023.
- All YouTube video titles must adhere to the following format: “Instrument – Age Group – Applicant Name – Composer and Repertoire Full Name. For instance, an example title would be “Violin – Group C – David Jones – Paganini Violin Concerto No 1 in D major, 1st mov”
- Please set the visibility of the YouTube video to either ‘unlisted’ or ‘public’.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of world-renowned players and professors.
- The judging process will be fair and transparent.
- Judges’ decisions are final and can not be disputed.
- Winners will be notified individually via email, and the results will be posted on the competition website on October 27, 2023.
- Date: January 4, 2024 at 7:30 pm
- Venue: ‘Laeiszhalle’ Recital Hall in Hamburg, Germany
- Performance duration for the winners should not exceed 10 minutes as a general guideline.
- Participants of the winners’ concert are solely responsible for their own expenses, including but not limited to travel and accommodation.
- The competition do not provide accompanists for the winners’ concert. However, upon request, a list of available accompanists can be provided.
- Detailed guidelines of the winners’ concert, including performance time, will be provided by the organizer after the results are announced.
Rights and Permissions
- Participants grant the competition organizers the right to use their recordings and performance excerpts for promotional purposes.
- The competition organizers reserve the right to make changes to the rules and regulations if necessary. Any changes will be communicated to the participants in a timely manner.
- All schedules(including the winners’ concert) can be subject to change depending on the organizer’s circumstances.
- Participants may be disqualified if they fail to comply with the rules and regulations or engage in any form of misconduct that compromises the integrity of the competition.
- It is mandatory for all winners to participate in the winners concert scheduled to January 2024. We would like to emphasize that failure to attend the concert may lead to disqualification.
Oppertunity to Perform at Hamburg's Prestigious Laeiszhalle
October 15, 2023
October 15, 2023